Friday, April 26, 2013

a sort of knock off

Several years ago my mother in law gave me a set of post cards. They were so pretty I didn't want to use them all. I imagined them framed somehow, so I  put them away for a time when I would need them. That time came recently as I started decorating my guest bedroom/craft room. I took a while to figure out how to matte them because they were a slightly odd size. I started out by looking at the picture frames at Walmart one day to see if it would give me any ideas (yeah, I know, Walmart isn't exactly inspirational). I saw that they had a lot of $3.00 frames with mattes. They happened to be the same color as the new handles I just put on the guest room dresser (more on that dresser redo later!). How handy! So I grabbed four. Now what to do with the matte since it's not the right size?  I remembered these $30 pottery barn frames I've seen. That's $30 for one by the way.

Multi-Mat Frames

Add some strips of paper to the top and bottom of the matte openings and cover the whole thing with fabric, taping the back. I couldn't be more pleased with the results!



The pictures really don't do them justice (these are from my phone). They really look lovely in person! Well, at least I think so. And they only cost me $14.

No comments:

Post a Comment