Wednesday, July 17, 2013

a little change

I like changing things around the house. I've been fiddling around with the top of the piano for a while and I think I've finally got it. For now...

 We hung our family picture way too high and then were too lazy to fix it. It drove me crazy. I had a big, heavy, old mirror sitting in the garage for ages so I took it apart and put it's frame to good use. At first I thought I wanted it white like this.

 But instead I did this! Usually if I'm decorating or painting something on impulse, it includes bright colors. The turquoise color is the same as one of the walls in our living room and it really brought everything together. 


 I left it for a while but then I decided I needed to spray paint the vases. Why? Well, because the paint in the garage wouldn't stop calling my name of course. :) I still wanted something white in the group so I painted a wooden tray that was actually my three year old's playdough container. Then I added a leftover scrap of fabric from my kitchen chairs to the inside. I think it's a pretty nice  tray for a few little bits that almost became trash! I wish I had taken a before picture, but you will just have to imagine it plain and unfinished.


There now I think I will leave the poor thing alone for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment